Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin - Joey Albert


I have always admired Joey Albert, other than she will always remind me of my Aunt (who is in the US right now), because of her voice and the message of her songs.
This is one OPM song I enjoy singing because it is an epitome of a true love that really waits.

This one talks about an endless love -loving a person no matter what. To wait is the message; about fate bringing them back, closer together. It says: "there's a time we need to part" either physically or figuratively. Have you ever felt cold when you are in a relationship? The coldness that meant no sweet-nothings, not even a goodnight kiss nor "I love yous" on the phone. Those are the times we want some space, the couple has to part, albeit in thoughts.

After the space, after the coldness, sweet romances set in. That's a good experience I think, you agree? That is like receiving flowers or chocolates from someone special, for the first time. It has the same level as feeling that first kiss, that first twinkle in the eye, that "love at first sight"... Ahhh... I hate talking about romance and relationships in times like this that its raining but I'm longing. huhuhu!

Just sharing my love thoughts for today.

Here is my translation:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ikaw Lang ang Mamahalin (I will love you only*)
by Joey Albert/Martin Nievera

Sa bawat pag-ikot ng ating buhay (In every turn/rotation of life)
May oras, kailangan ng maghiwalay (There's a time we need to part)
Puso'y lumaban man, walang magagawa (The heart may fight/struggle, but it can't do anything)
Saan pa, kailan ka muling mahahagkan (Where else, when can I kiss you again)

Kulang man sa 'tin itong sandali (This moment may not be enough)
Alam ko na tayo'y magkikitang muli (I know that we will still see each other)
Hangga't may umaga pa na haharapin (Until there is morning to look forward to)
Ikaw lang ang mamahalin (I will love you only)

Puso'y lumaban man, walang magagawa (The heart may fight/struggle, but it can't do anything)
Saan pa, kailan ka muling mahahagkan (Where else, when can I kiss you again)

Puso'y lumaban man, walang magagawa (The heart may fight/struggle, but it can't do anything)
Saan pa, kailan ka muling mahahagkan (Where else, when can I kiss you again)
>>>>>>>>>
*Etimology of the title:
IKAW - you
LANG - only
ANG - the
MAMAHALIN - be loved (future tense)
It can be translated either "You will be the only I will love" or "I will love you only", I chose the latter for ease. I expect your consideration :-)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>








Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin - Joey Albert

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.