Perfect - Simple Plan

He was in all-out-war against his father who appeared to be a perfectionist person. His father was always finding for something that his son didn't have in the very first place. The son in return, turn his back on his father and tried to do everything possible on his own way, on his own terms.

"Who needed supervision anyway", he thought. "I am just a kid but I have a life to live and nobody's gonna control it for me..."

Then pause, stand still as the music fades....

Sounds like a movie, but this happens in real life. Such a sad song, this one. I always associate this with a person so close to my heart. He sings this with full conviction, as if broadcasting to the whole world that, "hey, dad, I am not perfect".

Yeah, many of us always fall into that pit of saying "nobody's perfect that's why we are weak and we commit many mistakes". That is out fall back each time we receive criticisms. For me, that is a lame excuse. Although I fall into that pit too, you know, because I am not perfect. hahaha!

O yeah... this song perfectly depicted him. Each time I see him I understand why he felt that way. I just hope he understands the things going on with his life. I would just want to say, we either make up or break up, no excuses.

This is a nice song by the way. The lyrics really blended with the sounds and the singer did well.

Hey Dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
Do you think I'm wasting my time
Doing things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you disapprove all along

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't pretend that I'm alright
And you can't change me


'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry, I can't be Perfect
Now it's just too late and we can't go back
I'm sorry, I can't be Perfect

I try not to think about the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care anymore

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight and nothing's alright

'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be Perfect

Nothing's gonna change
The things that you said
Nothing's gonna make this right again
Please don't turn your back
I can't believe it's hard
Just to talk to you
But you don't understand


Perfect - Simple Plan

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.