Searching my Soul - Vonda Shepard

Have you seen at least an episode of Ally McBeal or at least you have heard of her? Well, I have in my possession a DVD collection of that series. First, I'd like to say I like Ally because she is thin. My goodness, I have been longing to be as thin as her. That is quite an obstacle for me so, I set it aside. Secondly, Ally is so pretty, I have always appreciated her beauty (except that she is so thin, I thought I was watching a kiddy show. I wasn't.) Next, she portrayed to be a lawyer, a profession I have always wanted. (hopefully in 2 years time, I'll be one.)

Next, the show was so "emotionally-charged" because Ally was so emotional. She always seemed to bo in love most of the time. But of course, my all time favorite is her love story with Billy.

All right! Do you know that before the start of the episode itself, this song is being played? "I've been down this road, walking the line, displaying my pride..." Ahhh.... that was just so perfect. How long have I wished I could walk with such a pride?

This is the reason why I pursued my law school. I was just hoping I'd get the title and when I die, I'll have that "ATTY" before my name, on the marble, on top of my grave. What an accomplishment, isn't it? haha. But, honestly, that was just my goal. Nevertheless, if I am to live a longer life, I would see to it that I'd spend it serving the least of the people around me. This is just too much to ask, or to request for as of the moment.

While I try to make that wish come true, I would like to at least focus myself on Ally McBeal. A lawyer I admire, albeit the character is fictitious. Here is the song for the hour:


Searchin My Soul (Album Version) - Vonda Shepard

I've been down this road walkin' the line
That's painted by pride
And I have made mistakes in my life
That I just can't hide

Oh I believe I am ready for what love has to bring
Got myself together, now I'm ready to sing

I've been searchin' my soul tonight
I know there's so much more to life
Now I know I can shine a light
To find my way back home

One by one, the chains around me unwind
Every day now I feel that I can leave those years behind

Oh I've been thinking of you for a long time
There's a side of my life where I've been blind and so...

I've been searchin' my soul tonight
I know there's so much more to life
Now I know I can shine a light
Everything gonna be alright
I've been searchin' my soul tonight
Don't wanna be alone in life
Now I know I can shine a light
To find my way back home
Baby I been holding back now my whole life
I've decided to move on now
Gonna leave all my worries behind

Oh I belive I am ready for what love has to give
Got myself together now I'm ready to live

I've been searchin' my soul tonight
I know there's so much more to life
Now I know I can shine a light
Everything gonna be alright
I've been searchin' my soul tonight
Don't wanna be alone in my life
Now I know I can shine a light
To find my way back home

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.