Tag-ulan - After Image

This is one of the songs during my college years. I often think of the time my best friend and I were together. We were blockmates, both from the Ilocos Region, our mothers were schoolmates, our sisters were schoolmates as well.

She majored in Psychology, while me in Philosophy. One time we both went home to La Union, our home province (my other home province is Pangasinan). It rained and so I remembered this song. This was a new song in the airwaves during those times.

On our fourth year in the College, we seldom saw each other but I sure did knew how to go to her house. After graduation, I visited her there once. I was surprised to see that she already had 2 young boys, married with a nurse. I was so proud!

Somehow, this song reminded me of my friend, I would like to call her "Chiklet". I'll come visit you again sometime okay?

Here goes the song with the rough translation:
Minsan ika'y nag-iisa, walang makasama (One time you were alone, no company)
Di malaman saan tutungo (don't know where to go)
Naghahanap, nag- iisip kung saan babaling (searching, thinking what direction to take)
Dito sa mundong mapaglaro (in this world of plays)

At tuwing ika'y nalulumbay, di makakita (and each time you are lonely, you cannot find)
Nais mo na may makasama (you like company)
Sa iyong lungkot akala mo ika'y nag- iisa (in your loneliness you thought you were alone)
Narito ako't kapiling ka (I am here with you)

Kung nais mong ika'y lumuha (If you want to cry)
Ako'y makikinig sa bawat salita (I will listen to every word)

Chorus:
Kapag umuulan bumuhos ang langit sa 'yong mga mata (When it's raining, heaven's pouring on your eyes)
Kapag mayroon unos ay aagos ang luha (If there's a storm, your tears will flow)
Ngunit 'di ka mag- iisa, kaibigan (But you are not alone friend)

Kay rami nang mga tanong sa iyong isipan (A lot of questions in you mind)
Nais mo lamang ay malaman (YOu only want to know)
Bakit nagka ganoon and nangyari sa 'yong buhay (Why something like that happende to your life)
Tanong mo man sa akin, di ko alam (Ask me that, I wouldn't even know)

Handa akong maging tanggulan (I'm ready to be your defense)
Sa tuwing sasapit sa'yo ang tag-ulan (Each time the rain closes in)

Kapag umuulan bumuhos ang langit sa 'yong mga mata (When it's raining, heaven's pouring on your eyes)
Kapag mayroon unos ay aagos ang luha (If there's a storm, your tears will flow)
Ngunit 'di ka mag- iisa, kaibigan (But you are not alone friend)

Ako'y naririto, naghihintay lamang sa'yo (I am here just waiting for you)
Tumawag ka't ako ay tatakbo sa piling mo, kaibigan! (Call and I will run to you, my friend)


Tag-ulan - After Image

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.