Huwag Mo Nang Itanong - Eraserheads

Day after day of blogging, it seems that the songs written in here are Tagalog, just like this one. I want to blog about my own song diaries in tagalog because I have lots of them. Sometimes, I just brush them off for a while because it's getting too difficult translating them.

Anyway, I will try to translate these songs for everyone's sake. I also love translating just to make other people appreciate our language as well as the thoughts of our local artists in writing their songs.

I am blogging about this song because it reminds me of my UP days, the University that taught me to appreciate my native language; and, the artist or the band whom I admire so much, even until now.

I would like to translate them first:
Hika ang inabot ko (I got asthma)
nang piliting hanggang kanto (when I tried to walk with you up to the corner)
ng isipan mong parang sweepstakes (when you realized it was like sweepstakes)
ang hirap manalo (its too difficult to win)

ngayon, pagdating ko sa bahay (Now when I arrive in the house)
ibaba ang iyong kilay (don't raise your eyebrows)
ayoko ng ingay (I don't like any noise)

huwag mo nang itanong sa akin (Do not ask me)
di ko rin naman sasabihin (I won't say anyway)
huwag mo nang itanong sa akin (Do not ask me)
at di ko na iisipin (And I won't think about it)

field trip sa may pagawaan ng lapis (field trip at the pencil factory)
ay katulad ng buhay natin (is like our life)
'sang mahabang pila mabagal at walang katuturan(one long line, slow, pointless)

ewan ko (I'm not sure)
hindi ko alam (I won't know)
pwede ba'ng 'wag na lang nating pag-usapan (Can we please not talk about it?)

huwag mo nang itanong sa akin ...


Huwag Mo Nang Itanong - Eraserheads

I hope you enjoyed the song. This reminds me of my "sister" Tin. She passed away few years ago. We joined this school organization in the University at the same time and since there are three of us in that batch, we became real buddies. We were made to sing this, because she also had a very nice singing voice. She used to be a choir member back in high school.

I always remember how she was forced to sing this song by our "superiors" (we call the leaders of the organization superiors equivalent to your masters in the fraternity) that night when we had our "finals", the night we are going to take our oath as a fully-pledged member of the organization.

That time was one of my acheivements in life that I won't forget, as often as I have instilled "Tin" in my head. I miss you girl! As the song goes, I won't ask anymore... although sometimes, I wish you would let me know. I remain sis!

Long live Anak-UP!!!

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Nice! Cute translation, It was very interesting ^_^


Powered by Blogger.