Kailan - Eraserheads

I would claim that my siblings are eraserheads fan because of me. I bought almost all of their albums, in casette tapes of course because those were affordable for student like me.

We were just having some good night with Matt's guitar. He was continuously strumming it, playing all eraserheads song he can remember while we guessed the title. This song, Kailan, was the most difficult one because he strummed it differently. When I thought I could guess all the eraserheads songs he was playing, he tricked me.

Ahh! I was never really good at music after all. I couldn't believe I didn't guess it. Bitter! Nevertheless, we sang the song and we were still happy together. Those were one of the moments I missed in our old house. We used to have a "bahay kubo" there where we spend most of our jamming sessions. That's history now because, at the moment, Matt is trying to re-make the bahay kubo in another location. I Can't wait!

Lyrics of the song Kailan by Eraserheads with translation (I tried hard to translate this song because Eraserheads lyrics are sometimes very sophisticated ;-)

Kailan mo ako hahagkan (When will you kiss me)
Matagal na akong naghihintay (I've been waiting for so long)
Nakadungaw sa bintana (Looking outside the window)
Mga dahon lang ang kumakaway (Only the leaves are waving)

Refrain:
Kailan ko madaramdaman (When will I feel)
Pagdampi ng iyong labi (nearness of your lips)
Tinatanong ko ang mga bituin (I'm asking the stars)
Mga luhang humahalik sa aking pisngi (Only tears kiss my cheek)
kailan ako tatahan

Higpit ng yahak ng dibdib (When will I be calm)
Nakatingin ako sa salamin (Looking at the mirror)
May guhit sa noo (lines on the forehead)
Mapait ang ngiti (bitter smiles)

Refrain
Kailan ko masisilayan (When will I see)
Sa araw-araw aking mahal (In everyday my love)
Mula paggising (from early waking hours)
Hanggang sa pag-idlip (til I fall asleep)
Kagandahan moy walang patid (your beauty never ceases)
Kailan mo ako hahagkan (WHen will you kiss me)
Matagal na akong naghihintay (I've been waiting for so long)
Nakadungaw sa bintana (Looking outside the window)
Mga dahon lang ang kumakaway (Only the leaves are waving)

Kailan ako lalaya (When will I be freed)
Sa anino ng pag-iisa (from the shadow of darkness)
Mga rehas lang ang tanaw (I can only see metal bars)
Nanginginig sa seldang maginaw (I'm freezing inside this cold jail cell)


Kailan - Eraserheads

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.