Please Be Good To Me - Menudo

This day in 1991, my cousin Jennifer celebrated her birthday with us for the first time. She turned 14 and we all went to the beach. Wait, before I proceed, I might cry... so I will have to pause every now and then...

It was a rainy day to the beach but still we headed on. We came back in the afternoon, all tired and ready to sleep. Jen, as she was fondly called, had a slight fever so as her older cousin, I took care of her. I stayed with her and monitored her medicine. We ate together, tell stories together and we were nothing but trying to make up for the long time that we haven't seen each other. Oh I remembered a story about her and my brother Matt during our childhood days in Zamboanga City. I could almost picture them playing water, trying to make a bubble by blowing a softdrink straw into the water (we call it "canal"). I guess they were around 3 years old then.

I remember asking her a favorite song and she mentioned this one. I didn't ask why but I assumed it was a message meant to a guy back in their school.

Jen grew tired one night. She didn't finish her food and so I left her to sleep. The following day, I was in school, she was brought to the hospital. Everything happened so fast and the next time I heard, she's gone! It was unbelievable....

Oh well, for all the good memories we shared together my dear, I wish we could still have it... Our meeting was so abrupt... your laughters were so short and your words were too few... but one thing for sure... your "ate" had always loved you.

And so I tried to be good... tried really hard not just to you but to your family.
You remain in my heart Jen until we see each other again. I miss you!

PLEASE BE GOOD TO ME lyrics
Once again your on my mind and I only wanna love you so
Oh deep inside I know I should let you go
Once again the pain the tears
All my friends say I’m fool, I’m blind but I don’t mind

I will love you all over again
All I want to ask of you

Please be good to me
Don’t let me cry any more
Hold me like you did before
Just a little mean so much

Please be good to me
‘Cause inspire of all the pain
I still love you just the same
Isn’t much I’m asking for
Uh, won’t you please be good to me

After all I’ve given you
I still want to give you more
And I wanna asking for

Please be good to me
Don’t let me cry any more
Hold me like you did before
Just a little mean so much

Please be good to me
‘Cause inspire of all the pain
I still love you just the same
Isn’t much I’m asking for
Uh, won’t you please be good to me


PLEASE BE GOOD TO ME - MENUDO

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.