I Love You, Goodbye - Celine Dion

One of the most influential persons during my college life was "Diday". I had a lot to learn from her -about life, society, freedom, politics and yes, even an activist life. It is part and parcel of a student going to an "activist" university to learn these things. We do not really learn those from our teachers but from the people and group we chose to belong to.

She was the kindest but toughest of all. She was almost a mother to me except that I was older than her and I had to be tough. However, my weakness was being imbibed to her toughness. A time went by that I had no one else in my mind but her. When the moment of truth arrived, I remember I just had to say this song because she was just too tough for me -tough enough that I'd never seen my existence. I was obliterated when I thought I could establish my existence. I failed. It also hit her and terribly pained her to the point of almost destroying her self. I saw her cry but she was too strong to admit she was hurt. As I've said, she's strong!

LYRICS OF I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE
Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love
The kind of love you really need
Wish I could say to you
That I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me

You need someone willing to give their heart and soul to you
Promise you forever, baby that's something I can't do
Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a lie
I know I'd only hurt you, I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing... I love you, goodbye

I hope someday you can find some way to understand
I'm only doing this for you
I don't really wanna go but deep in my heart I know
This is the kindest thing to do
You'll need someone who'll be the one that I could never be
Who'll give you something better than the love you'll find with me
Oh I could say that I'll be all you need but that would be a crime
I know I'd only hurt you, I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing... I love you, goodbye

Leaving someone when you love someone
Is the hardest thing to do
When you love someone as much as I love you

Oh I don't wanna leave you, baby it tears me up inside
But I'll never be the one you're needing... I love you, goodbye

Baby, it's never ganna work out... I love you, goodbye



I Love You Goodbye - Celine Dion

===Somebody I still would want to see her... wish we're still close, but too hasty to say===

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.