Panahon Na Naman - Rivermaya

I asked songdiary why would she want me here. I think the reason was this: to have someone write about Tagalog/Filipino songs and try to translate them in English. We all know that direct translation from one language to another is not possible so for the sake of this blogsite, I will try to translate the song/s the best way possible.

This is my first story:

I love the rhythm of this song and each time I hear this, I remember Harold. I remember him because during our first meeting, he told me he liked this one. Right there and then, I knew we clicked with each other. My friend, who is our common friend told me that he's got a crush on me. I didn't really notice him until I was told about it.

I always remember him with his "mighty ducks" uniform... his smile is different when he looks at me. Now I'm wishing it was him but life was so different then. It is more different and difficult now that I lost contact with him. I hope when you hear this song, you'd also remember me.



MY ROUGH TRANSALATION OF THE SONG

PANAHON NA NAMAN (ENGLISH)
May, may naririnig akong bagong awitin (there, I am hearing a new song)
at may may naririnig akong bagong sigaw. (and there, I am hearing a new shout)

Hindi mo ba namamalayan? (Don't you realize it?)
wala ka bang nararamdaman? (Don't you feel anything?)
Ika ng hangin na humahalik sa atin (The air that kisses us says:)

"panahon na naman ng pag-ibig. (It is the season of love)
panahon na naman aahh. (It is the season... ahhh)
panahon na naman ng pag-ibig. (It is the season of love)
gumising ka tara na." (Wake up, let us go!)

Masdang maigi ang mga mata ng bawat tao (Take notice of the eyes of each person)
nakasilip ang isang bagong saya (There peeping one new happiness)
at pag-ibig na dakilang matagal nang nawala, (and love that is great, has long been gone )
kumusta na? (How it is going?)
nariyan ka lang pala. (Oh, there you are!)

"panahon na naman ng pag-ibig. (It is the season of love)
panahon na naman aahh. (It is the season... ahhh)
panahon na naman ng pag-ibig. (It is the season of love)
gumising ka tara na." (Wake up, let us go!)


0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.