Tin Man - America

This is an old song, a hit in the 70s perhaps but it sure reminds me of Gelo, my 10-year old friend, neighbor from Tandang Sora (Quezon City, Philippines). He is the young boy who loved the song by America, which is relatively an "institution" when it comes to music because they have been around for some decades already.

I am not sure if Gelo really understands the lyrics of it or what's in the song that draws him near it. I would say maybe because her mom loves this band and he is what we call a "mama's boy". However, in that particular album by America, this is the only song that he keeps on playing on the cd player.

I, for one, got interested with this song because it caught the attention of a young kid. I have heard of this song long ago, and keeps hearing it played over the radio for quite sometime, but to him, this is like a magnet to his ears.

Oh boy, I miss this kid. I haven't really seen him for over a year now. I hope he still remembers me.


Here's the lyrics:
Sometimes late when things are real
And people share the gift of gab between themselves
Some are quick to take the bait
And catch the perfect prize that waits among the shelves

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And Cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Galahad.

So please believe in me
When I say I'm spinning round, round, round, round
Smoke glass stain bright color
Image going down, down, down, down
Soapsuds green like bubbles

Oh, Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And Cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Galahad

So please believe in me
When I say I'm spinning round, round, round, round
Smoke glass stain bright color
Image going down, down, down, down
Soapsuds green like bubbles

No, Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And Cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Galahad

So please believe in me



0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.