Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens

This may not be a typical religious or worhip music that we mostly know of but each time I hear this song, I remember a religious recollection. After my blog on One of Us, I claimed myself to be "lost and now found" through "leap of faith".

We recently had one recollection and let me share with you the contents of my prayer:

My Father, I ask you what you want me to do for you but you ask me "What do
you want to do for yourself?" I want to calm myself and experience your
peace for a longer time. I want to spend more time doing your work, serving
other people but you want me start from within in order to subsequently
serve my family and my community.

If I let go of my pain, I know I am healed; If I let go of my
past, you said you are with me; if I surrender my fears, you will bless me; if I
focus on your love, you will equip me; if I give you my heart, you will
enlighten me; if I live in solitude, you will stay beside me.

With your great love, I will magnify your miracles
in me. I will let the light that you shone upon me be radiated through my
hands, my words and my works. I will find a way for the building of your
throne in me... I know I am not worthy but with the
sound of your voice, I
will listen, and I will be healed!


Meditation made me compose this prayer and this would always remind me of the great power of solitude and prayer.

Here is the lyrics of the song:

Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven.
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetnes of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning.
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning;
God's recreation of the new day.

Morning has broken, like the first morning.
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word.





Morning has broken (Cat Steve - 11

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.