Nakapagtataka - Rachel Alejandro, Hajii Alejandro

LYRICS OF THE SONG NAKAPAGTATAKA
Walang tigil ang gulo sa aking pag-iisip (The confusion in my brain won't stop)
Mula nang tayo'y nagpasyang maghiwalay (Since we decided to part ways)
Nagpaalam pagka't hindi tayo bagay (we said goodbye because we are not meant for each other)
Nakapagtataka (It's a wonder)

Kung bakit ganito ang aking kapalaran (Why my fate is like this)
Di ba't ilang ulit ka nang nagpaalam (You've said goodbye a couple of times)
(At) bawat paalam ay puno nang iyakan (and each goodbye is filled with tears)
Nakapagtataka, nakapagtataka (it's a wonder, it's a wonder)

(CHORUS)
Hindi ka ba napapagod o di kaya'y nagsasawa (Don't you get tired or fed up)
Sa ating mga tampuhang walang hanggang katapusan (of our tamtruns that's never-ending)
Napahid na'ng mga luha, damdamin at puso'y tigang (tears were shed, feelings and heart are empty)
Wala nang maibubuga, wala na 'kong maramdaman (nothing left to say, nothing left to feel)

Kung tunay tayong nagmamahalan, ba't di tayo magkasunduan? (If truly we are in love, why can't we agree?)
Walang tigil ang ulan at nasaan ka araw? (The rain doesn't stop and where is the sun?)
Napano na'ng pag-ibig sa isa't isa? (What happened to our love for each other?)
Wala na bang nananatiling pag-asa? (Isn't there anymore hope?)
Nakapagtataka, saan na napunta? (it's a wonder, where'd it go?)

(CHORUS)

Alright, I did my best to translate the song. It may not mean so much to you because of the way I translated it but believe me, this is such a beautiful song originally sung by Hajii Alejandro but I liked the way his daughter, Rachel Alejandro, sung it.

This was a local favorite which led my cousin Myra to sing it as a contest piece when she was still in her teens. We are a family of singers, so during practice, everyone is around during practice providing criticisms, cheering or simply listening while wishing we had such a wonderful voice like her.

Every now and then I still sing this song and when I do, I remember my cousin Myra who had such a very nice voice. They now live in another country, married and now blessed with lovely daughter. They are bound to visit us this July and boy, I'm excited to see them once again.

This is the original version of the song performed by Hajii Alejandro.


Nakapagtataka - Rachel Alejandro

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.