214 - Rivermaya


It's my brother's birthday today. We just came from their house and we had a little chat from the past and then I remembered this song from one of the local bands. I used to like this song, in fact, I like all of their songs in their first album. Next to my favorite band, Eraserheads, is Rivermaya. If you want to know where they got their names, you can find it elsewhere. But for sure, one thing that attracted me to Rivermaya is the word "maya". It is the national bird of my beloved country and I'm not sure if it would mean anything to you but I like them. One time I was in the zoo with my cousin, we just looked at the mayas (plural) in the cage. It's as if we don't see maya everyday. I just admired them. Despite of their tiny built, they are still free -free as a bird- as they say. I also used to have a friend back in college named Maya, and I missed her. I don't know where she is now. I will try to trace later on.

So much about the maya. It's my brother's birthday! He's the only guy who had been so close to my heart. He is my big brother. Of course my little brother (who is taller than me) is also close to me and I love my family! I will talk about him later on the show (huh? show? haha, as if!) My big brother is different. He is just quiet most of the time and who doesn't love quiet people? I know why he is just quiet. He abhors arguments, period.

If there is one song I know he would appreciate is this one. Just read the lyrics and you'll see what I mean. It's being someone you always wanted to be and still be afforded the love one needed and wanted. Sometimes, we dare to do everything we want at the expense of other people's feelings. So, what do we need to consider? Is it others' happiness or your own? My brother gives an assurance like that. Do your own thing and he'll still stick by your side -understanding, encouraging and loving you. He got himself a very lucky wife, and two loving daughters.

Enjoy the song, lyrics and photo. The man in grey shirt is my BIG brother. The cute little gir making face in front of the photo is his cute Kyla and the one beside him is his lovely Cyrelle. Til next story!

214 - Rivermaya

Am I real?
Do the words I speak before you make feel
That the love I've got for you will see no ending?
Well if you look into my eyes then you should know
That you have nothing here to doubt nothing to fear
And you can lay your questions down 'cause if you'll hold me
we can fade into the night and you'll know

CHORUS:
The world would die and everything may lie
Still you shan't cry 'Cause time may pass
But longer than it'll last I'll be by your side

Take my hand
And gently close your eyes so you could understand
That there's no greater love tonight than what I've for you
Well if you feel the same way for me then let go
We can journey to a garden no one knows
Life is short my darling tell me that you love me
So we can fade into the night and you'll know
The world could die and everything may lie
But you won't cry 'cause time may pass
And everything won't last but I'll be by your side
Forever by your side so you
won't cry

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.