I Love You - the Barney Show

Let me start with the lyrics of the song:

I love you, you love me
we're a happy family
with a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you
won't you say you love me too
I love you, you love me
we're best friends
as friends should be
with a great big hug and
a kiss from me to you
won't you say you love me too

This is one of my favorite songs in the Barney show.
Isn't it a wonder how a person like my age watch Barney? That giant, purple dinosaur has been a favorite household icon. The kids in the house, most especially Kikay, loves watching it and she is now, at the age of 22 months, trying to sing this song. What is most wonderufl about this baby is when she gives a hug when the song reaches the part that says "great big hug...."
It is an everyday event for the two of us. We watch it together and sing the songs together... at least only those words that she can pronounce and understand. Yesterday, I taught her the left and the right hands. Fortunately she remembers her left hand. Way to go!!! To illustrate: I ask her to "give me five with your left hand" and she'd look at her left hand and we have "high fives" instead.
This experience with Barney and Kikay is blog worthy so here I am... blogging and bragging about me, an adult watching Barney, and about Kikay who is so sweet with this song.

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.