Alone Again Naturally - Donny Osmond


I just finished fixing the labels for my blog and saw one particular entry which says: "karaoke era"

We were a little younger then but we are already so engrossed with music that our folks bought us karaoke. Remember that big audio system where you'd insert a multiplex tape, read the lyrics from the lyrics book? Thank God we now have videoke with just some push on the button, your songs would play, with lyrics on your TV screen.

This one song reminds me so much of those karaoke days. My mom bought a multiplex book. A pack of 4 cassette tapes inside it, including the lyrics book. I got acquainted with this song because of that incident. Since this was one of the songs from the package, I tried to learn the song. I really couldn't relate with the message of the song, however, I found the music plus the story, really good. Thank goodness for videoke, I learned another love song.

Alone Again Naturally

In a little while from now
if I'm not feeling anyless sour
I promise myself to treat myself
and visit a nearby tower
and climbing to the top
will throw myself off
in an effort to make it clear to who
ever what it's like when you're shattered
left standing in the lurch at a church
where people saying 'my god
that's tough she's stood him up
no point in us remainig
we may as well go home'
as I did on my own
alone again naturally.

To think that only yesterday
I was cheerrful bright and gay
looking forward to well who wouldn't do
the role I was about to play
but as if to knock me down
reality came around
and without so much
as a mere touch
cut me into little pieces
leaving me to doubt talk about
god in his mercy who if
he really does exist
why did he desert me
in my hour of need
I truly am indeed
alone again naturally.

It seems to me that there are more hearts
broken in the world that can't be mended
left unattended what do we do what do we do.


Now looking back over the years
and whatever else that appears
I remember I cried when my father died
never wishing to hide the tears
and at sixty-five years old
my mother God rest her soul
couldn't understand why the only man
she had ever loved had been taken
leaving her to start with a heart
so badly broken
despite encouragemant from me
no words were ever spoken
and when she passed away
I cried and cried all day
alone again naturally.



Alone Again (Naturally) - Donny Osmond

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.