Amazing Grace - John Newton/Church Song


I have always wanted to write about this song. I clearly remember this was played for several times during the commemoration of the 9/11 attacks in the US which left thousand deaths.

I was a little younger when I heard my mo singing this song. Perhaps I was about 6 years old. She tried to teach this to us not really expecting that we'd get the tune and most definitely would understand its meaning. Looking through all that I have been through, I can only say it was amazing how I was saved.

I tend to look the other way and run when things don't go the way I plannned or expected them to be. I thought it was easier to run counter the things I abhor that are mostly the things I wasn't prepared for. I always wanted to be in charge that's why even if I am not really in charge, people think I must be in charge or they suspect me to be in charge despite the fact they know who is in charge of this life. I saw that, they didn't and to prove my point, I left the church. I went my own way, much to my regret, it made me suffer. Yes, I turned my back on my Jesus and now I'm found... really amazing.

Just sharing.

========================
">Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.


Amazing Grace - Aretha Franklin

Lost and Found

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hey I like your blog, your content is unique..., If you wanna earn extra income just feel free to visit my blogMake Money Online in the Philippines with Google Adsense


Powered by Blogger.