One Little Candle - Chicago




It was my 5th night of darkness. We still didn't have electricity after the big flood we experienced last Thursday evening (October 8).

Everynight, I light a candle in my room and need not worry about burning the house down because I stay awake most of the time. I cannot sleep well thinking of my friends, thinking about the people around me or baby-sitting the kid beside me.

That small little candle reminded me of simplicity. A single light in a dark room makes a big difference. My head went back to the year 1987, when my sister, me beloved sister, graduated from gradeschool. (Here in the Philippines, we spend six years in grade school, then we move forward to 4 years in high school).

This song was their graduation song and I practiced with them. By the way, my sister graduated at the top of her class in grade school. It was one of my proudest moments. I saw them on stage, they were singing this song as they, one-by-one lit each of their candles. Of course, the stage was dark and the light was all we could see. It was part of the drama on stage that I still couldn't understand nor appreciate back then. I do now that's why I am blogging about it. It was my sister's graduation night and whatever is special for my special for my sister, I instill it in my head. I love her so much.

This is the lyrics of One Little Candle and the music below. By the way, we also sing this in church but searching the net, i discovered it was also sung by Chicago so I have cited them here.

=====================================
It is better to light just one little candle,
Than to stumble in the dark!
Better far that you light just one little candle,
All you needs a tiny spark!

If wed all say a prayer that the world would be free,
The wonderful dawn of a new day well see!
And, if everyone lit just one little candle,
What a bright world this would be!

Lets all light one little candle,
Why stumble on in the dark?
When the day is dark an' dreary,
And your way is hard to find,
Dont let your heart be weary,
Just keep this thought in mind!

It is better to light just one little candle,
Than to stumble in the dark!
Better far that you light just one little candle,
All you needs a tiny spark!

If wed all say a prayer that the world would be free,
The wonderful dawn of a new day well see!
And, if everyone lit just one little candle,
What a bright world this would be!

What a bright world
this would be!


One Little Candle (LP Version) - Chicago

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.