For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton

Ever been a recipient of a comment: "your eyes are pretty" or "I love your eyes"?
I had.

With that I have learned to appreciate my face. I've gained a certain confidence in myself. I have always considered myself the 'ugly duckling' in the family but when people started telling me something positive about my eyes, I enjoyed it. Then I'd say, "I wish I was just an eye" (so everyone would say all positive things about me... kidding of course!)

But you know what? Me and my siblings (the three of them, 2 brothers, 1 sister), we don't look alike in anything. I am stout, my sister is tall and slim, a brother is chubby and big, the other dark and handsome. We are like the fruits in the fruit salad. We are combined then one would notice our similarities. Apart from each other, it would be so hard to believe that we are siblings. We have one thing in common though - our eyes.

Now as we grow older and aged (just to emphasize ;b), when those wrinkles are starting to show up, I am now convinced that we are in fact, siblings. For a while I thought I was an adopted child but as I look at their babies who got pretty eyes like mine, I brush that thought aside.

This is a song about eyes although this is a love song, I believe, from the movie 007 sung by another favorite Sheena Easton.

For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton

For your eyes only, can see me through the night.
For your eyes only, I never need to hide.
You can see so much in me, so much in me that's new.
I never felt until I looked at you.

For your eyes only, only for you.
You'll see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free.
For your eyes only, only for you.
The love I know you need in me, the fantasy you've freed in me.
Only for you, only for you.

For your eyes only, the nights are never cold.
You really know me, that's all I need to know.
Maybe I'm an open book because I know you're mine,
But you won't need to read between the lines.

For your eyes only, only for you.
You see what no one else can see, and now I'm breaking free.
For your eyes only, only for you.
The passions that collide in me, the wild abandoned side of me.
Only for you, for your eyes only.


For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.