Kama Supra - Eraserheads

I was just trying to relax until this song played on my PC and you know what I remembered? My mom's comment when she heard this specific song. She said: "What kind of music are you playing?"

Probably she got irritated because in the house, they always hear me play this music, my favorite Eraserheads collection, even when I was still in College. I knew back then that my mom judged the band through some of the lyrics they used like that part of the lyrics which says: "hihiga tayo at kakan---- tah!" There was a suspense at the end of the syllable which people might fill in the last syllable and would get a really un-wholesome kind of song.

Nevertheless, I still love this band and I admire the way they "twisted" words, phrases or sentences. Too bad they have to disband and too good, I still have their music to enjoy up until now.

There you are, just sharing with you my memory with this particular Eraserheads song. Below is my translation.

================================
Translation of the song Kama Supra by Eraserheads

Sampung buwan na akong hindi natutulog (It's been 10 months that I haven't slept)
Kasi naman ang ingay ng aming kapitbahay (Because my neighbors are too noisy)
Pag gabi disco house at videoke (During evening, disco house and videoke)
Kaya sorry na lang kung wala ako sa sarili (So I am sorry if I am out of myself)
Mahal kita pero miss na miss ko na... (I love you but I truly miss...)

Ang aking kama at ang malupit kong unan (My bed and my cruel pillow)
Ba't di ka na lang sumama (Why don't you come along)
Hihiga tayo at kakanta (We will lie down and sing)

Masarap matulog lalu-lalo na pag umuulan (It's nice to sleep especially when it is raining)
Huwag kang matakot sa pungay ng aking mga mata (Don't be afraid of my twinkling eyes)
Napuyat lang nang magyaya si Medwin kagabi sa kanila (I was just sleepless when Medwin invited me to their place)
Kami'y nagkantahan ng "muntik nang maabot ang langit" (We sang "almost reached heaven")
Kaya naman ako'y nasasabik sa (That is why I am so excited for...)

Ang aking kama at ang malupit kong unan (My bed and my cruel pillow)
Ba't di ka na lang sumama (Why don't you come along)
Hihiga tayo at kakanta (We will lie down and sing)

la la la la


kama supra - eraserheads

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Eheads!


Powered by Blogger.