My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

Another Celine Dion song in time for our All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day celebration in the Philippines. Why do we call it as such? What we usually do during these days? And Why this song?

You still remember the phenomenal movie "Titanic" with Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet? I bet my bottom dollar you do. Who wouldn't? These people, including Celine Dion became popular, at least to me, because of this movie. I watched this movie with a special someone; add an exclamation point and a question mark. (haha!) This was the song when "Rose" was looking at "Jack" from the stairs. Such a lovely scene!

Well anyway, we remember our dead on November 1, some do it on November 2 or a couple of days before or after, every year. It is a celebration because this is another Filipino tradition where family members separated by distance and time, get together, in remembrance of our dead loved ones. We see each other, dead or alive (hoooh, afraid!). I mean the living ones visit the dead, not the other way around, gehehe.

I once told you about my Angel and she is the person who is... "every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you". Or at least she is the person I know I dream of that reminds me about life. Ironic, you might say, that a dead person reminds me about life.

What does a dead person know about life? huh? Wait I am confused. I mean, are you confused? (There I go again, confusing people. Excuse me but I am just playing with words, with your permission. But to continue with my sentence, the unconfused one, with a wink, read below!)

Sophie, my angel, is a constant reminder that in life, we cannot bring back the past. It is just so impossible. I wouldn't even ride a time machine, if ever they exist. We have to move on, which I don't think I am capable of doing at the moment. This is my main purpose for this blog, remember, to remind me of the songs that connect me to people, events and anything under the sun. I can only move on if I can blog about these things. Not necessarily for the sake of talking about music, songs and the artists but most importantly to let you know guys, how the special people in my life remain special despite and all through these years.

My heart goes on because of the people from my past and the people I am with right now. I am just reliving the past, which is my means of coping with my present and future, that is why I blog about them. I likewise forget about a lot of things and somehow, my brain had served me right when it comes to people I love and to events I cherish.

And for my angel... I miss you! While you are there, please pray for me too that I may be able to meet you there.

Lyrics of the song
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
(from the movie Titanic)
Every night in my dreams
I see you. I feel you.
That is how I know you go on.

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on.

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never go till we're one

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

There is some love that will not
go away

You're here, there's nothing I fear,
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on


My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.