Hindi Ka Nag-IIsa - Noynoy Aquino Song


“HINDI KA NAG IISA”
Composed by: Ogie Alcasid
Sung by: Regine Velasquez

Sasamahan ka namin (We will give you company)
Kahit paligid ay madilim (Even if the surrounding is dark)
Iilawan ang daan tungo sa magandang kinabukasan. (We'll light the path towards a better future)
Ika’y mamuno, kami ay susunod (You'll lead, we will follow)
pagkakaisa’y ating itaguyod (Unity, we shall advocate)
ang Pilipinas ay naghihintay (The Philippines is waiting)
handa kaming kumilos, handang umalalay. (We are ready to move/act, ready to assist)

Hindi ka nag-iisa sa paggising ng bayan (You are not alone in waking the country)
kami ay kasama, hindi ka mag-iisa. (We are with you, you are not alone)
Isasapuso ang dangal ng ating bayan (Instill in our hearts the integrity of the country)
Sa tulong at biyaya ng maykapal (With the help and blessings of the Almighty)

Magkakapit bisig, tayo… (Arm to arm, we...)
ituloy natin laban ni Ninoy at Cory, ng bawa’t mamamayan (shall continue the fight of Ninoy and Cory, of every citizen)
Pagmamahal natin sa bayan (love in our country)
‘wag na nating itago, ‘di tayo susuko (let us not hide, we shall not surrender)

Hindi ka nag-iisa sa paggising ng bayan (You are not alone in waking the country)
kami ay kasama, hindi ka mag-iisa. (We are with you, you are not alone)
Isasapuso ang dangal ng ating bayan (Instill in our hearts the integrity of the country)
Sa tulong at biyaya ng maykapal (With the help and blessings of the Almighty)
Magkakapit bisig, tayo… (Arm to arm, we...)
Sama-sama bawat Pilipino (We will be together, every Filipino)
Mula noon, ngayon at kailan pa man (Since then, now and forevermore)
'di ka nag iisa…… (You are not alone)

So you probably have heard or seen from youtube the advertisement of Senator Noynoy Aquino and living true to the new advocacy of this blog, I am giving you my own translation of this song. As always, I mixed the literal and the "summary" way of translating a Tagalog song to English. There are tagalog words that sounds awkward when translated in english (i.e. sama-sama where "sama" mean "join" or "come" and I used "we will come together" instead.) I hope it made sense and if you think there is the better way of translating it, I'm more than glad to accept your corrections. Anyway, above if the english translation of the song Hindi Ka Nag-iisa ("You are not alone", which reminded me of Michael Jackson).

You will notice from the advertisement some big stars. This is their way of showing support to Noynoy Aquino. The latter decided on taking the Presidential bet after some prodding from his allies. Of course, we all know that Senator Noynoy is the son of the former Senator Ninoy Aquino and the late President Cory Aquino. (It gives me goosebumps as I write this particular entry). The rest of the story is history.

Writing about the Aquinos means so much to me because I cannot help but recall my childhood days. Those are the days I thought that the real hero was Marcos. I actually equated him with some god or something, not really understanding the things of the past. It's not that I've grown to be anti-Marcos. I am not and I will not because I also recognize the good things he did to our country. Besides, he was once a president of this country and perhaps I would write another blog entry for him.

So going back to the Aquinos, particularly Ninoy and Cory, they are heroes to a lot of Filipinos. I still recall what Cory said in one interview. She said something like: "I thank God for making me a Filipino and be able to experience what it's like to be a Filipino" or something like that. To me, that sounded like the Christ giving thanks to God for making him human and at the same time, giving him the cup of suffering. That, I should say is what the Aquinos did. They had a lot of sacrifices for the Filipino people and they continue to do so, even at the point of death.

Now, their "only son" is running for Philippine presidency, as if they haven't done everything yet for the country. I truly admire this family, most especially the late president, for her religiosity and sincerity to help. Her life was such a blessing and a model for all Filipinos, for all mothers, for all women, and is worthy to be emulated by our politicians, especially the loud ones. She will always be special to me, being the first woman president in Asia, and the one I truly admire. I will never forget the pride she brought back to us when she stood firm to prove that a plain housewife can unite the country, lead it and gather the respect of the US politicians as she delivered her speech in the US Congress.

This is my simple way of showing my pride to my race, my gender, my language, my country which I love. I hope you'd appreciate the translations I did for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16OSkUNNd8

P.S. The other photo you posted above beside that of Senator Noynoy's is the current desktop wallpaper of my sister. It appeared so Filipino to me so I took the liberty of including it here. Thanks.

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.