Lahing Pinoy - Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao knocks down Miguel Cotto
It was a great fight, I heard. Perhaps I was one of the few Filipinos who were not able to watch the fight of Pacman today (November 15, Philippine time). I got so exhausted from the past week, not to mention my almost sleepless state last night juggling between domestic chores and cracking brain cells on what the heck is wrong with our computers. It was just so much to bear for me, knowing full well that hours spent fixing the laptop and desktop at the same time led me to nowhere.

Alright, before I continue, let me first post here the lyrics of the song because as I was reading it, indeed, the song was just a repetition of "Lahing Pinoy" meaning Pinoy (slang for Pilipino, referring to the Filipino people) and Lahi meaning "race"

======================================
The translation of the song Lahing Pinoy by Manny Pacquiao:

Lagi kung itataas (I will always raise)
Bandila ng Pilipinas (the flag of the Philippines)
Saan mang sulok ng mundo (In any corner of the world)
Iwawagayway ko ito (I will wave it)

Kahit saan kahit kailan (Anywhere, anytime)
Basta't kung para sa bayan (As long as it's for the country)
Buhay ko ay ilalaan (I will spend/dedicate my life)
Sa lupa kong sinilangan (In the land where I was born)

Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Sumigaw ang pinoy... HOY! (Shout Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahat ng pinoy... HOY! (All the Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahi ng Pinoy sa mundo (The race of Pinoys in the world)
Pilipino

Lagi kung isisigaw (I will always shout)
Mabuhay ang Pilipinas (Long live the Philippines)
Ang bayan na pinagmulan (The country source)
Kaya ako ay malakas (that's why I am strong)

Dugong bayani ay taglay (Heroes' blood is in me)
Ang syang nalalalaytay (It is what's flowing)
Sa nag aalab kong kamay (Through my blazing hands)
Pag sumuntok todo bigay (It punches with all might!)

Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Sumigaw ang pinoy... HOY! (Shout Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahat ng pinoy... HOY! (All the Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahi ng Pinoy sa mundo (The race of Pinoys in the world)
Pilipino

Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko (is my race)
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Sumigaw ang pinoy... HOY! (Shout Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahat ng pinoy... HOY! (All the Pinoys... HOY!)
Ang lahi ng Pinoy sa mundo (The race of Pinoys in the world)
Pilipino

Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipino
Ang lahi ko
Pilipino, Pilipino, Pilipinooooo AKO.

(Pilipino, I am Pilipino)

======================================
I was able to watch the replay of the fight. I was actually expecting that this song will again be used upon the introduction of Pacman, like they did when he fought Hatton. It was that old "Rocky" them (or so I think) which was playing while Pacman was being introduced. Anyway, I stillw as not able to watch the fight (since I already know the result) because I had a more important appointment for the day. I slept while the rest of the kids at home, including my sister, were all watching the fight. Honestly, the schedule of the fight slipped my brain or was I just too confident that somehow Manny would win. Besides, it has always been my notion that the bulk of the pressure lies in Cotto who was defending his belt. The pressure was lesser on Manny so there I was confidently, calmly and soundly asleep. The slumber was very helpful, it made my headache, sinusitis and tired body go away.

When I woke up, I was already expecting a victory.

Manny Pacquiao is an epitome of a true Pilipino. His life resembles a lot of us here in the country who climbed to the top out of hardwork and perseverance. He was born poor, we all know that. A lot of succssful people around us came from nowhere and rose from being nobody. It was really more of hardwork and for Pacman, the biggest factor was God and his family who was very supportive.

I have all praises for Manny as a Pilipno, as a successful boxer. Who wouldn't? HOwever, somehow I pity him because he is being used by other people, the Politicians in our midst. I can sense in Manny that he wants to help a lot of FIlipino people that is why he took a chance at Philipine politics the last time. For me, it was an unwise move. Filipinos support and follow the boxing career of Manny, but politics would be a different ball game for him. I am not confident that people would support him in the political arena the way we support him inside the boxing ring.

For me, as a fighter, he is loved by the Filipinos. It would be different if he nters the Political world again. I, for one, do not like the idea of an icon like pacman, that his desire to help the country would be coursed through his political career. I am actually crossing my fingers that he will not again enter politics. I wan to see him, in the future, as the only person who raised the statur of the Filipinos in the middle of political chaos, corruption and moral degradation in the government. I just want to see him as the person who lifts the soul of the Filipinos in believing the the powerful provision of the Almighty. I want to see him as th source of inspiration to those young fighters, athletes and those who are becoming hopeless. He is by far the most desired Filipino of this time, desired by all poor Filipinos around the word, by politicians and by the religious people. He is indeed a reflection of what true Filipinos are.

To Manny, you are our pride, you are our Champion and Congratulations for all your triumph. I know God is with you. I know you are truly blessed and guided by the Holy Spirit. So may the peace of the Lord be always in your heart as the Filipino blood continues to flow on your veins.

Mabuhay kapatid!
(long live my brother!)

=========================================

http://media.imeem.com/m/9na0Pgo3j6/aus=false/">%20name="wmode"%20value="transparent">http://media.imeem.com/m/9na0Pgo3j6/aus=false/"%20type="application/x-shockwave-flash"%20width="300"%20height="110"%20wmode="transparent">

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.