Sound of Music - Theme from the movie the Sound of Music




I remember watching this movie in our old TV set when I was still in the grade school.  Remember those TV set with large wooden frame that goes with it? Its speakers are attached to the left and right of that black tube.  We had that kind of TV set - the kind that doesn't use remote controls yet.  One has to get near that gargantuan set, twist the channel selector then go back to your couch just to find another TV station with plenty of advertisements, you'd wish you never had to stand up from your seat again.


Let me search an image over google...


Ours looked like that one except that our old TV set was wider and there was a folding door in front of its screen... ahh those were the days. Days when our flat iron used charcoal in it. Vintage indeed!


Well, anyway, I am talking about this movie and its theme song because this is one of the movies my mom loved to watch.  I liked it too, and I'm still a fan of it because Julie Andrews looked like my mom. Unbelievable! 


Call me mom-fanatic and I'd be guilty as charged!


Mama, as our term of endearment, sings like Julie Andrews as well! She is so everything when it comes to entertaining people, her children and including herself.


I love it when she does that.  She does everything or anything that would make her children be happy and most especially, she has this unique way of entertaining herself most of the time.  Self-sufficient!


I remember the time I imitated that part of the movie where Maria, Julie Andrews, was singing the introduction of the song on top of the valley while spinning slowly... Mom had the laugh of her life because I was so trying hard getting the pitch of Maria.


I am sure you too have seen this movie and fell in love with it.  Please share some.


Thanks again! Till next entry!


Lyrics of the song
The Sound of Music


The hills are alive
With the sound of music
With songs they have sung
For a thousand years

The hills fill my heart
With the sound of music
My heart wants to sing ev'ry song it hears

My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds 
That rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
From a church on a breeze

To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls
Over stones on its way
To sing through the night
Like a lark who is learning to prey

I go to the hills
When my heart is lonely
I know I will hear
What I've heard before

My heart will be blessed
With the sound of music
And I'll sing once more


lyrics from http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/soundofmusic9841/thesoundofmusic323518.html

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wonderful music indeed! Brings back so many memories :)


Powered by Blogger.