Crowd Control - Phish Band

Here is a song from Phish.  It talks about crowd control which is the title of the song.  I remember a scenario where people are gathered during a political rally.  Those were the days when Filipino people grew tired of the Arroyo administration so there were political rallies left and right, especially in the National Capital Region commonly referred to as Manila.

If you are a television viewer from outside Manila, particularly here in the province and especially abroad (there are Filipinos around the world) and looking at the velvet rope together with the noisy crowd and chaotic flow of the traffic, for sure one will get worried. I remember a friend of mine, while watching a news about political rallies and barricades, called me and sounded so worried asking about our situation.  I just calmly said we are okay (since we are in the province) and there I realized that the media, especially those engaged in the public affairs, send so powerful message across the world that something is wrong here in the country.  

I do not blame them.  It is part of their job to inform other people about the chaos in our country but please bear in mind that political rallies are part of people's freedom of expression.  When the presidential palace places barricades around its territory, it is just protecting itself from trouble.  These political events in our country is not really new to me because I was exposed to such activism during my college days.  As students of State University, one cannot help but try to defend the country in whatever capacity you can.

Thank you for your time.

Lyrics of the song
CROWD Control - Phish
Listen now I'm talking
I've been here for weeks
Waiting in this growing crowd
Staring at my feet
Chorus:
The world around me's turning
I'm just standing still
The time has come for changes
Do something or I will

I'm a feather in a storm
I'm a raindrop in the sea
If I don't get enough of you
I'm a lighter shade of me

Sisters, brothers all around you
There's a devil in the crowd
Meet his eye and it's the end of time
If you're praying don't be loud

It's crowded in the lowland
But the fools stay on the hill
You control us now
You have the reins
Do something or we will

So show us why we came here
Before we lay on the ground
Give it to us loud and clear
Make the devil turn around

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.