Friends - John Michael Montgomery

It feels like high school again imaging the jitters in my chest when the love of your high school life tells you... we can only be just friends.

This is the story of Theo, who was my closest friend, one year younger than me. He seemed so nice and his sister is also my friend. Through the normal course of time, he divulged his true intentions with me and shocked as I was, I didn't know how to say no.

I know now that I broke his heart, and I thought to myself, my parents strongly warns us about entering relationships until we finished school. I didn't want to frustrate them considering that I see their hardships putting us to decent schools.

Decades later, listening to this song, I remember him. I am not the most beautiful gal around campus but he made me feel like I'm the only woman in his eyes (cheesy!).

How hard could it be to be friends with someone you have loved? How could it be easy for someone who broke your heart to remain friends? Perhaps pride overwhelmingly engulfs that only we see is darkness, only thins we feel is pain.  Some sort of "if you don't need me, I don't need you too" kind of dialogue.

But friends you should be after the relationship, especially when you have kids together. And if divorced couples with kids could still be friends after the tsunami in their marriage, how can other failed relationships cannot end in friendship?

Perhaps they just moved on completely without them hanging to that dark past, the superlative of pain that we caused in them.  Well, the song below says friendship can be scattered by the wind, it just up for the storm to pick up the pieces again.

FRIENDS

You say you want to be friends
That's a newly sharpened blade
That's a dagger to the heart
Of the promises we made

That's a chapter full of pain
A season full of rain
A dark and stormy night
Spent all alone

Friends
Get scattered by the wind
Tossed upon the waves
Lost for years on end

Friends
Slowly drift apart
They give away their hearts
Maybe call you
Now and then
But you want to be
Just friends

You say you love me very much
And you'll always hold me dear
Those are the sweetest words
I never want to hear

What's a love without desire
A flame without a fire
Can't warm me late at night
When I need you most

Friends
Get scattered by the wind
Tossed upon the waves
Lost for years on end
Friends
Slowly drift apart
They give away their hearts
Maybe call you
Now and then
But you want to be
Just friends

Friends
Slowly drift apart
They give away their hearts
Maybe call you
Now and then
Darling can't you see
This is killing me
We could never be
Just friends

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.