This is Me - Demi Lovato

She knows something is not right when everything around her is silent.  She just goes to a corner, ponders, cries, hates herself deep within.  She is the silent type, full of tears, when confronted with problems.  You cannot talk to her without her blaming herself.

This is me. That is the effect of being a victim of molestation as a child.

Growing up, it was hard to keep up with other girls my age.  I don't feel as normal as they are. And I cannot blame anybody. I told myself that I have to be strong.

And being strong is not easy when you know something is not right. Someone has to be blamed for what happened to me. Could it be my parents who weren't always around during my childhood? Could it be the guy who caused me pain? Could it be the marijuana that affected his system? Could it be me who was not able to distinguish between what is right or wrong?

I grew up not blaming anybody. I grew up struggling for my survival despite the darkness that has griped me. I am who I am today, and still wanting to be stronger each time. I always prepared myself for any problem that will come to me.

But I still cry every time this memory comes back. All I have to do it look at myself as an object in order not to feel self pity

Then I became so loving.  I love myself so much because I cannot expect anybody to love me and accept me as much as I accept myself.

Love is me....

THIS IS ME

Always been the kind of girl
That hid my face
So afraid to tell the world
What I've got to say

But I have this dream
Right inside of me
I'm gonna let it show
It's time to let you know
To let you know

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me

Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me

Do you know what it's like
To feel so in the dark?
To dream about a life
Where you're the shining star

Even though it seems
Like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself
It's the only way

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me

Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singing
I need to find you, I gotta find you

You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you, I gotta find you

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me

There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me, this is me

Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I wanna be
This is me

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.