Nobody Home - Pink Floyd

Yes I'm alone right now. It's been quite a while since I have been alone in the house. The last time was in December last year when the rest of my companion went to a vacation. I hope I will just be alone for a day, and one night only.

I am savoring this day. I did a lot: washed my clothes, cleaned my room, cooked my meals, read, slept, biked around neighborhood not to mention feed the cats and the chickens. What a day really and it is still a long day for me.

These are the joys of being single which I can't seem to let go of. Waking up in the morning with no one disturbing your sleep. Getting up in the morning to do your routine like hearing mass, go shopping and grocery when there is only you to decide. Alone is lonesome already but if we try to do something about it, then it wouldn't really be too lonely.

I just hope this will be for so long. I hope my housemate will arrive tomorrow. If not, well, it's gonna be another lonesome day for me and I will sure try to make it another busy day.

Got to go for now. Time to eat my instant noodles! Oops, just a last note ok? I seldom eat instant foods but I just feel like too lazy to cook good food right now. Once in a while, instant food is tolerable.

Til then!

NOBODY HOME


I've got a little black book with my poems in
I've got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone in
I got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues.
Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from
I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
I've got amazing powers of observation
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home
I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm
And I've got the inevitable pinhole burns
All down the front of my favourite satin shirt
I've got nicotine stains on my fingers
I've got a silver spoon on a chain
I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains
I've got wild staring eyes
I've got a strong urge to fly
But I've got nowhere to fly to
Ooooh Babe when I pick up the phone
There's still nobody home
I've got a pair of Gohills boots
And I've got fading roots. 

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.