Tell the World of His Love - Jamie Rivera

TELL THE WORLD OF HIS LOVE

I watched in the news today that the World Youth Week celebration is being held in Spain. A local counterpart is being held at the Ateneo de Manila University participated in by youth from all over the country.

I remember when the Blessed Pope John Paul IV visited the Philippines in 1995. I remember it not because I was a participant. I remembered it because it feels special to be visited by the Pope carried by a custom-made vehicle exclusive for Papal use as I watched it on TV.

One of the memories that World Youth Day remind me is my girl friend back in college. Yes, she was lucky enough, as a senior high school student back then, to be chosen as a participant in that historical event, which to me, turned out to become a very significant event because of her.

She talked about her experiences during the celebration. She, and her mates were lucky enough to be housed by good people who provided shelter for them while they are in the City. She was from the Bicol Region and so the need to be housed by family that they are not familiar with while attending the celebration. I think it was a pre-arranged accommodation.

I never thought that kind of arrangement was possible especially in Manila. That knowledge just proved that I wasn't really familiar with how people in Manila deal with such an occasion. I didn't even know that there are parents who allow their children, 12 hours bus-ride from Bicol to Manila, to join such a crowded celebration. I have never experienced that. I was always taught to stay away from crowd, from the City, not to be too far away from family.  But her experience was different and I found it extra ordinary thus the need for me to be blogging about it. haha!

This is all for now. Til next entry folks!

Here is the lyrics of the song. A blessed Sunday everyone!


For God so loved the world
He gave us Him only Son
Jesus Christ our Savior
His most precious one
He has sent us His message of love
And sends those who hear
To bring the message to everyone
In a voice loud and clear

Let us tell the world of His love
The greatest love the world has known
Search the world for those who have walked
Astray and lead them home
Fill the world's darkest corners
With His light from up above
Walk every step, Every mile, Every road
And tell the world, Tell the world of His love

(Tell the world of His love)
(Tell the world of His love)

Our Lord our savior our king
Emmanuelle prince of peace
Begotten of the Father's love
Born to set us free
Let heaven and earth sing His phrases
His righteousness proclaim
Let every heart rejoice in His love
And magnify His name

Let us tell the world of His love
The greatest love the world has known
Search the world for those who have walked
Astray and lead them home
Fill the world's darkest corners
With His light from up above
Walk every step, Every mile, Every road
And tell the world, Tell the world of His love

(Tell the world of His love)

Let us tell the world of His love
The greatest love the world has known
Search the world for those who have walked
Astray and lead them home
Fill the world's darkest corners
With His light from up above
Walk every step, Every mile, Every road
And tell the world, Tell the world of His love

(Tell the world of His love)
Tell the world of His love


1 Response
  1. Mary June D. Says:

    This is my number one unforgettable song. Whenever I remember this song, the first image that comes to my mind is the image of soon to be saint John Paul II. I was one of the participants of World Youth Day 1995 from Cebu City. World You Day is one of the most unforgettable and wonderful experiences that I have in my life.

    Thanks for posting the lyrics of this song. (Parang gustong kung umiyak)


Powered by Blogger.