Footprints in the Sand - Church Song

One of the places I've been through during my childhood days was near the sea.  This song, which was originally a poem, was introduced to me during those days.  It was easy for me to understand its lyrics having have lived in a sandy place for quite sometime.  I remember we were making different footprints in the sand using our slippers (to imitate a footprint of a grown up); our 3 fingers - point finger, tall-man and ring finger (to depict a footprint of a dog); or sticks (to imitate the footprint of a chicken).  I know you can try to imagine what I just described as different footprints.

Those were the days when I was still around 5 or 6 years old.

Now, back to the future, we are commemorating the sacrifice of Jesus Christ before he died in the cross.  For me, this is all about the footprints in the sand.  Jesus Christ did not just carry me, He carried the entire burden of the human kind. And he never stops doing so because of His gargantuan love to this world.

It was such an immeasurable love!

He does not walk with us. He carries us.
He does not point us to go there. He carries us.
He does not push us... He carries because He is more than caring.  He is so loving!

That for me is the message of Lent.

God bless everyone!

“Footprints in the Sand”
Lyrics: Footprints in the sand He held me in his hand Someday I’ll understand Footprints in the sand.
Narration: One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along his path there was only one set of footprint. He also noticed that it happen at the very lowest and saddest times in his life. This really bothered hin and he question the lord about it. “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there was only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why when I needed you most you would leave me. The Lord replied, “My son, my precious child, I love you and I woud never leave you. During your time of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you”.

Lyrics above copied from: http://uraniteavoriel.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/footprints-in-the-sand-2/

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.