Ligaya - Eraserheads




Here is another Eheads song with translation.

This was the song I used to sing like:
"Tatlong Oras na ang nagpapacute sa yo
Di mo man lang napapansin ang bagong Penshoppe(TM) ko" (It's an apparel brand here in Phils)

or my cousin would say to me when I'm ma at her:
"Tatlong Oras na ang nagpapacute sa yo
Di mo man lang napapansin ang bagong noo ko" (forehead)

Those were the days and this is my story. Below is the translation.
=========================
Lyrics of the song
LIGAYA (Happy/Happiness)
by Eraserheads

Ilang awit pa ba ang aawitin, o giliw ko? (How many songs will I still hav to sing my dear?)
Ilang ulit pa ba ang uulitin, o giliw ko? (How many repeats do I have to repeat, O my dear?)
Tatlong oras na akong nagpapacute sa iyo (I've been staying cute to you for three hours)
Di mo man lang napapansin ang bagong t-shirt ko (You don't even notice my new t-shirt)

Ilang isaw* pa ba ang kakain, o giliw ko? (How many more isaw* do I have to eat, my dear?)
Ilang tanzan** pa ba ang iipunin, o giliw ko? (How many crowns will I collect, o my dear?)
Gagawin ko ang lahat pati ang thesis mo (I will do everything including your thesis)
Wag mo lang ipagkait ang hinahanap ko (Just don't deny from me what I'm looking for)

Chorus:
Sagutin mo lang ako, aking sinta'y walang humpay na ligaya (Just answer me love and there will be unending happiness)
At asahang iibigin ka, sa tanghali, sa gabi at umaga (And expect to be loved at noontime, night and morning)
Wag ka sanang magtanong at magduda (I hope you won't ask and doubt)
Dahil ang puso ko'y walang pangamba (Because my heart has no fear)
Lahat tayo'y mabubuhay na tahimik at buong ligaya (We will all leave peacefully and with entire happiness)

Ilang ahit pa ba ang aahitin, o giliw ko? (How many shaves do I have to shave, O my dear?)
Ilang hirit pa ba ang hihiritin, o giliw ko? (How many hits do I have to hit, o my dear)
Di naman ako manyakis tulad nang iba (I am not maniac like th others)
Pinapangako ko sa iyo na igagalang ka (I swear to you that I will honor you)
(Chorus)

At asahang iibigin ka, sa tanghali, sa gabi at umaga (And expect to be loved at noontime, night and morning)
Wag ka sanang magtanong at magduda (I hope you won't ask and doubt)
Dahil ang puso ko'y walang pangamba (Because my heart has no fear)
Lahat tayo'y mabubuhay na tahimik at buong ligaya (We will all leave peacefully and with entire happiness)
*isaw is a street food, picture appearing above. I'd rather not say what is it really, but it is an exotic food.
**tanzan is a local term referring to the crown or cap of a bottle of beer or softdrinks; it is made from tin. (I believe it is a Spanish word adapted by Filipinos)
==========================
I hope you liked it guys!


0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.