Every Breath You Take -Sting (The Police)



Just the other week, I watched Ally McBeal in DVD format. As a law student, I am inclined to watch courtroom-oriented movies, TV series and novels. Anything that would inspire me to continue with my studies.

Ally McBeal is a story about lawyers who go about lawyering and at the same time living their normal "lives and loves". That's what I love about that TV series (which unfortunately stopped airing since I-don't-know-when) and thankful that I was able to obtain a DVD copy. I am a DVD-addict, in fact. I just don't have enough time to watch right now because of school. Going back, I loved the eposide when Sting appeared in one of its episodes and Larry Paul (Robert Downey, Jr. -I just love him!) sang this song with him, and of course it was meant for Ally.

I loved that scene and it made me fall in love again. It's been a while since I fell in love. I used to say loving is an everyday thing but I guess because of the busy world we live in now, some elements of love dwindled, diminished or lost. Love for me is just giving everything and I guess I cannot do it anymore since my mind is so divided or maybe I forgot the meaning of love... haha! Silly thing to forget!

Well, the song says: "I'll be watching you..." but if it were me, I'd rether say I'll be watching over you... making sure nothing or no one will harm you. It is more of the protective shield. For me, when you say "I'll be watching you" means you're on the passive side, just letting things happen or worst, watching someone like a jail warden watching prisoners. That's just my two cents...

But what I really loved about this song is:
Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace

I loved that part especailly when I have the mic. wink! (Let me end now and start the videoke machine... till then!)


Every Breath You Take - Copeland

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.