I Remember The Boy - Joey Albert

Since most of my song stories here are related to a person close to my heart, here is another one. Im protecting her identity so let's call her by the name "Bing".

This song by Joey Albert (artist from the Philippines, who happened to be the original singer of "Tell Me" a song revived by David Pomeranz) reminds me so much, not of the boy, but of the girl who gave me pointers on how to sing better. Of course I got my natural talent in singing from my mom (on the presumption that I'm indeed a good singer), and there were some people instrumental in my singing (soon a carreer). One of them is a cousin of my dad whom I adore so much. It was mid-80s, (I know, I'm getting old) when we used to spend vacation in my aunt's house. She is likewise a good singer, very intelligent, very caring not to mention very pretty (because we carry the same set of genes - wink!).

I learned about the song when I hear her sing "I Remember The Boy" a lot. She played the tape of Joey Albert over and over, and this is the one song I hear her sing in the kitchen, the living room or in her room, name it! She wanted me to remember the way it was sung. When I open my mouth and start to sing, whe knew right there that my note is not good. I'm a shy kid, but she managed to let me sing and she corrected me in a very sensitive way.


My vacation ended, a year later her entire family went to the US. It's gonna be silly for me to expect she'd call and sing me this song. I miss her and I miss those days. I remember the girl when I hear the song "I Remember the Boy".

Let's try to listen to the song and remember the boy.... errr... I mean remember the past.

http://www.imeem.com/imissrehab/music/gHKsBSAo/joey_albert_i_remember_the_boy/

Today I heard them play the song again
An old familiar strain from way back when
Every note and every line
It's always been a favorite song of mine

It used to haunt me so some years ago
Reminds me of a boy I used to know
And although the melody lives on
The memories and the boy are all but gone

And while the song still brings that certain glow
And the words still sing of love I know
It isn't quite the way it was before
I remember the boy
But I don't remember the feeling anymore

The promises we made seemed easier then
As if we knew our love would never end
But seasons change and time erases the tears
As quickly as the rivers disappear

So while the song still brings that certain glow
And the words still sing of love I know
It isn't quite the way it was before
I remember the boy
But I don't remember the feeling
I remember the boy
But I don't remember the feeling anymore

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.