HINDI MAGBABAGO - RANDY SANTIAGO

 Hello everyone! It has been a while since my last post and the best way for me to start anew is to write about a song that would signify PERMANENCE!

"Hindi Magbabago" means something or someone will never change, or I can simply say, never change but it will not capture the translation entirely. That is how translation sometimes becomes troublesome. But let me do my best to translate them to you line by line.

Why did I chose this song as my first entry after two years of absence? I have thought of some other things to blog about but songs still appealed to me and this is how I started this blog anyway. Somehow, I was able to help others who are searching for song translations that could somehow capture the real message that the singer and song writer want to deliver to their listeners. 

I could say this has been my passion ever since so why not stick to the game I used to play? Why not stick to the blog I have always did? So please, welcome me back and allow me to help you take your mind off this pandemic thing and let the music in our ears give us comfort. 

I got the song lyrics from Google and the translation is purely mine, so read along.
Hindi Magbabago by Randy Santiago
(Song translation)

Nang matapos na'ng lahat, ako'y nahirapan (When everything ended, it was difficult)
Nalaman ko na ikaw ang tanging kailangan (I realized/learned that you are the only one I need)
Pinag-iisipang husto sa naiibang mundo (I thought of it so much, though in different world)
Kay hirap nang wala sa piling mo (It is so difficult to be away from you/lost without you)

Ginawa ko na'ng lahat para sa atin (I did everything for you)
Ngunit ika'y nagbago ng hangarin (But you changed your aspirations)
Kahit wala na tayo at masakit man sa puso (Though we are no longer together and it is painful in my heear)
Ay hindi mawawala, mga alaala (all our memories will not be lost) Just a note, the syntax was reversed here. The literal translation read: "will not be lost, all memories"

At hindi magbabago ang gusto ng puso ko (And it will not change, the desires of my heart) or using the correct english syntax, this line should mean "The desires of my heart will never be changed"
Wala nang hahanapin pa kundi pag-ibig mo (I will not search for anything else but your love)
May hiwagang natanto mula sa una pang tagpo (I discovered mysteries since our first meeting)
Mananatili 'to at hindi magbabago (This will remain and will not change)

Ginawa ko na'ng lahat para sa atin (I did everything for us)
Ngunit iba pa rin ang nangyari (But sonething different happened)
Walang-walang tatalo sa lahat nang dinanas ko (Nobody could ever beat what I experienced)
Pagnanais na ika'y mapasaaking muli (My desire for you to be mine again)

At hindi magbabago ang gusto ng puso ko (The desires of my heart will never change)
Wala nang hahanapin pa kundi pag-ibig mo (I will not search for anything else but your love)
May hiwagang natanto mula sa una pang tagpo (I discovered mysteries since our first meeting)
Mananatili 'to at hindi magbabago (This will remain and will not change)

Kahit malayo na'y malapit ka pa rin sa aking puso, oh (Though you are far, you're still near my heart)
At hindi magbabago ang gusto ng puso ko (The desires of my heart will never change)
Wala nang hahanapin pa kundi pag-ibig mo (I will not search for anything else but your love)
May hiwagang natanto mula sa una pang tagpo (I discovered mysteries since our first meeting)
Mananatili 'to at hindi magbabago (This will remain and will not change)

Mananatili 'to at hindi magbabago (This will remain and will not change)
At hindi magbabago (And will not change)

============
There is my translation and just a short post script here. Some would say nothing is permanent in this world. Taking it in the perspective of a philosopher, or a Philosophy major like me, a statement so sweeping like "nothing is permanent in this world" is dubious. I learned that somehow, there is one thing permanent in this world... and that is CHANGE.
There is the word play for today ladies and gentlemen. Just a thought to ponder on or if it made you laugh or smile somehow, share with us your thoughts through the comment box.

Good day!

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.