My Immortal - Evanescence

First of all thanks to azlyrics.com for the lyrics below.  This is the first time I read the lyrics in its entirety. I just read some fragments of the lyrics in the videoke.



I was with my co-workers last night. Just the ordinary bonding moments. Or so I thought.


I am such a magnet to friends with love problems. She is going through some relationship problems and I can't bear to see her tears falling.  As much as I could, I just brushed the sadness building up inside me just the sight of her crying. I just smiled and told her, "You don't have to cry." And something tells me, she still loves the person but she just can't breath a second longer with her partner.


Love is such a crazy feeling and there is no one answer to a question about love. I wish there was... biblically, there is. That is my answer. But love is unfathomable!


As we parted ways, we hugged and she said "I'm sorry to have ruined the party" and, of course, she said "thanks for listening." I love to listen. That is one of my skills, aside from giving out of this world kind of advise. So I tapped her back, and I said my thanks. She is so sweet she whispered back "I love you friend".  And I think I said, "I know" which is just my usual response to unexpected "I love yous" for me. haha! I love my friends and you are extra special.


Well my friend, this is my song for you. I know you will get through this. I'm just here buddy!

"My Immortal"


I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus]

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

[Chorus]

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.