Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

This is the first time that I am writing about a beauty pageant.  This is the first time that I commented on such contest because it's been a while since I watched or monitored it.  It just so happened that I adore Shamcey so much, a fellow UPian! (UP - University of the Philippines)  It is only today that I've proven that when God loves you, He will give everything to you like Beauty and Brains ;-)


Miss Universe of 2011 has been crowned to Leila Lopes of Angola! What a beauty indeed! God created this beauty for us to appreciate and of course, give back the honor to the One who created it.


I didn't get the chance to watch these beautiful ladies modeled because our working station does not have a television set. I just relied on the updated text message from my beloved.  I was the first in our office to know who the winner was. Thanks to SMS!


We are for Ms. Shamcey Supsup of course. She topped the polls prior to the pageant.  The question to her was: 
which I answered, not knowing what her answer was.  "Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person you love? Why or why not"


I answered No. Being trained in the legal way of answering questions, I qualified my answer: Religion is a way of life. Marriage is also a way of life but not as deep as religion.  I chose my religion because I have lived all my life with the belief in my God and I will not be happy with a person or an act that is being forced on me and it will not be abruptly changed by someone I barely know.  Marriage is a lifetime commitment but my religion will go with me beyond my grave. (I forgot to say "Thank you" since we don't use this in the bar exam. haha!)


To which Shamcey answered: ” If I had to change my religious beliefs, I will not marry the person that I love. Because the first person that I love is GOD who created me. And I have my faith and my principles. And these what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too, Thank you.


Like the usual, our countrymen are contented with what Shamcey received during the pageant.  For me, it could have been another crown to the Philippines.  My aunt is mad at me for acting so negatively. She seems to imply that I don't know how to appreciate the efforts of our beauty queen. Don't get me wrong please but I truly appreciate what we have garnered in the Miss Universe. It could have been the crown itself and our sour-graping with what we received in the pageant will only proliferate our attitude of getting contented with what we have.  I am afraid this will just give us the attitude of saying "At least, better than the rest of the 80 contestants" then we will not do anything anymore in the future to prepare even more.  This is typical Filipino attitude.


I am happy for what we have achieved in the pageant but I could have been happier ;-)


I would suggest that next time, we give an answer that has an audience impact; make longer answers and most importantly, hire an interpreter because tagalog construction is different from English.  That is a fact. Shamcey is intelligent, very intelligent, I know that. But intelligence is not equivalent to superior verbal communications especially in a foreign language.


I propose that the Miss Universe Committee (if there is such a thing) should look into the possibility of hiring or training an interpreter for our beauty queens.


Nevertheless, in my heart, I am overwhelmed to know that a lot of people were entertained by the most beautiful women in the world today... and that is all because God created us beautifully... in every single way.


Mabuhay Shamcey!


Lyrics of the song
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera


Everyday is so wonderful 
And suddenly, it's hard to breathe 
Now and then, I get insecure 
From all the pain, 
I'm so ashamed 

I am beautiful no matter what they say 
Words can't bring me down 
I am beautiful in every single way 
Yes, words can't bring me down, oh no 
So don't you bring me down today 

To all your friends you're delirious 
So consumed in all your doom 
Trying hard to fill the emptiness, 
The pieces gone, 
Left the puzzle undone, 
Ain't that the way it is? 

You are beautiful no matter what they say 
Words can't bring you down, no, no 
You are beautiful in every single way 
Yes words can't bring you down, oh, no 
So don't you bring me down today 

No matter what we do 
(no matter what we do) 
No matter what we say 
(no matter what we say) 
We're the song inside the tune 
(yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah) 
Full of beautiful mistakes 
And everywhere we go 
(and everywhere we go) 
The sun will always shine 
(sun will always, always shine) 
But tomorrow we might awake 
On the other side 

'Cause we are beautiful, 
No matter what they say 
Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no 
We are beautiful in every single way 
Yes, words can't bring us down, oh no 
So don't you bring me down today 

Don't you bring me down today 
Don't you bring me down... 
Mmm, today

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/christina-aguilera-lyrics-beautiful-cnc27bq#ixzz1Xpgv7LTQ
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community 

1 Response
  1. reyapot Says:

    nice blog :)

    i hope you can visit my blogs too :)


Powered by Blogger.