One Way Ticket

Happy year 2009 to all!

I have been out of the blog system for a while. But I have been planning to write about this next song which will always remind me about my childhood. So here it is.

I remember clearly this song was played several times when I was still a kid. We were on the western part of the country. As kids, we were mostly surrounded by our oldies and during night time, televesion were still scarce by then, we would gladly listen to the radio and this song is played so much so that I was able to memorize its lyrics.

Growing older, when I hear this song, I remember soldiers marching outside our house. I am not really sure if they were indeed soldiers or the so-called "vigilante". That was the time Martial Law in the country was still in force. My younger years taught me so much, so much that my sister could hardly believe I still have those memories within me that includes memories when I was barely 4 years old.

If I were to recall my past, this is one song I would always remember it with. When I hear this song, I always see myself -that little kid with so much smile, enthusiasm and vigor- just few of those things we always miss when we're getting older.

Here's the song:


One way ticket - Boney M



0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.