Stop in the name of love - Diana Ross, Sister Act 2

I know this is a song about love... about serious relationships but this was the first song that came to my mind when I felt how the world would stop.

Did the world actually stop? That may be your question right now. And my answer to that is: Yes! The world will indeed stop in the name of love, or because of it.

That's what exactly how I felt when I realized that due to my negligence or perhaps over confidence, my baby fall from the stairs, as a result - a bump in his forehead. I imagined the worst! Who wouldn't? I'd rather hurt myself than hurt a little boy, much less a 15 month old toddler under my care, I consider my own!

I realized... what the world could offer me will not be enough if my baby's condition worsened. I really thought of the extremes and realized further that I will not exchange material things, including my time, for my baby. I told myself I have to be with him all the way, as much as I can.

Let me share with you the remedies I applied with that big lump on his head.

First, I immediately grabbed a frozen object from our freezer. I learned later on that it was a frozen sausage inside the plastic bag. I tried to put them on his forehead because that's what I learned since childhood. When something gets bumped, it has to be applied with ice or something cold.

My beloved sister was on the rescue as well. She told me to put that "cool fever" (I think that was a brand name of a silicon like material to be placed on a baby's forehead when they have fever) inside the ref. After 30 minutes with ice on his forehead, i placed the cool fever with the hope that the bump would swell down. To my delight, it did! (Please note that during that time, I was searching in the internet about the remedy in such cases. Likewise, it was the first time that my sister and I saw a bump as big as my baby's and our cool fever remedy was an experiment but I was glad it did help.)

The "cool fever" thing made the bump disappear, except the blood clot or i think the medical people call that hematoma. (Sounds scary to me) I still placed that cool fever on his forehead even after 2 days and his forehead seems all well to me, or at least that's what every mom would hope for. After two weeks, all I can see or feel from his forehead is a slight bump probably due to veins or tissues that were damaged during the fall.

I hope I would be able to help you with the above remedy, just in case, but I hope you can prevent your babies from any fall. They said it's a natural occurrence, especially with baby boys and I rejoice on that thought but if I can only turn back time, I would have prevented that accident.

I just want to let you know how much I love my baby boy and nothing would seem to matter to me if he, or any of my loved ones, be ever hurt again.

For the sake of this blog, I am posting here the lyrics of the song I copied from lyriczz.com.


Stop in the name of love, before you break my heart.

Verse1:
Baby baby i'm aware of where you go
each time you leave my door
i watch you walk down the street
knowing your other love you'll meet
but this time before you run to her leaving me all alone and hurt

think it over( haven't i been good to you?)
think it over( haven't i been sweet to you?)

chorus:
stop in the name of love before you break my heart
stop in the name of love before you break my heart
think it over
think it over

verse2:
i known of your, your secluded nights
i've even seen her maybee once or twice
but is her sweet expression
worth more then my love and affection?
but this time before you leave my arms
and rush off to her charm

think it over(haven't i been good to you?)
think it over(haven't i been sweet to you?)

Chorus:
stop in the name of love before you break my heart
stop in the name of love before you break my heart
think it over
think it over

verse3:
i've tried so hard, hard to be patient
hoping you would stop this infatuation
but each time you are together
i'm so afraid of losing you for ever

chorus:
stop in the name of love before you break my heart(baby think it over)
stop in the name of love (think it over baby)before you break my heart(oooh think it over baby)

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.