Dance With my Father - Luther Vandross

Another blogger by the name of Angel wrote to me her favorite song for now and why does she like this song. Below is the story:

===========
It's really hard to lose someone special, someone you truly love. It causes so much pain, endless nights of crying and the feeling of emptiness within. It seems that your world stops rotating. It seems that you can't live our life anymore.

I felt all these things when my father died almost a year ago. That's the most painful moment that happened to me and to my family. I know that this kind of feeling will rally happen but I never expected it this soon. Until now, I keep on asking myself why did he leave us that soon. I even think that he might get tired taking care of us especially me because I am the most hard-headed child among my sibling. But then, I can't do anything other than to accept the fact that I can't see, hug and kiss him anymore.

Every time I hear this song, I remember not only that painful fact that my father is already gone but also the moments when he was still alive. Those happy memories with him are my treasures. They always give me strength to achieve my goals because all those goals are my promise to him.

There is just one wish I am always asking for - to be with him again even for only ten minutes. I just want to hug him for the last time and tell him the things I haven't told him.

He is gone now but surely he will always stay in my heart.
===================

Thanks Angel for sharing this song with us. Wherever your father may be, I am sure he wants to let you know that he loves you no matter what.
(SongDiary)

Here is the lyrics.

Dance with my Father - Luther Vandross
(ourweddingsongs.com)
Verse 1:
Back when I was a child
Before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high
And dance with my mother and me and then
Spend me around till I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

Chorus:
If I could get another chance
Another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love to dance with my father again

Verse 2:
When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way I would run from her to him
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me(yeah, yeah)
Then finally make me do just what my momma said
Later that night, when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me

Chorus:
If I could steal
One final glance
One final step
One final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
Cause I'd love love love to dance with my father again

Verse 3:
Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
I'd hear how my mother cried for him
(2x) I'd pray for her even more than me

I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back the only man she loved
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she' s dying to dance with my father again

Every night I fall asleep
And this is all I ever dream

1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Writing good essay is quite easy and very difficult simultaneously. It depends on the individual skill set also. You can get help from essay writing. Check out, please WritePaper.Info


Powered by Blogger.