Sundo - Moira dela Torre

This is a slow song. It captures my attention because of the melody and Moira has a very smooth voice.

It speaks about someone waiting to be picked up (for a relationship).

This is a sound track for a soap opera here in the Philippines entitled: The Good Son.

I just thought of translating this for you so you could have a sort of understanding of what the song is about.

I liked the first lyrics stating: I have long searched the whole world.. to find you.

That's what it really feels like when we have finally found the one for us. It feels like you have obtained your one precious gem through hardships and tears. That's how mushy we are when it comes to love.

I have searched mine, long and wide. Long means more than a decade, while wide means, from here, there, everywhere and overseas.  But it is still a gamble.

Well, I have my relationship to myself to start with. And there is my son.  I am fine for now.

So enough about me. Here if the song for today:


English translation of the song

SUNDO*
by Moira dela Torre

(Please note that SUNDO is an act of picking up someone, say in an airport. In common Filipino language, SUNDO is usually translated as "fetch" but it is not like a dog "fetching" a toy. SUNDO is a gesture of a loved one to meet and pick up his/her loved one. This song has reference to lovers. Thank you)

Kay tagal kong sinusuyod ang buong mundo (I) have searched the whole world)
Para hanapin, para hanapin ka (In order to find... to find you)
Nilibot ang distrito ng iyong lumbay (I) have circled the districts of your loneliness)
Pupulutin, pupulutin ka (pick... pick you up)

Sinusundo kita (i am picking you up)
Sinusundo (picking...)

Asahan mo mula ngayon (Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)
(Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)

Sa akin mo isabit ang pangarap mo (You can hang your wishes in me)
Di kukulangin ang ibibigay (I won't short change)
Isuko ang kaba (Surrender your worries)
Tuluyan kang bumitaw (Let go completely)
Ika'y manalig (You have faith)
Manalig ka (Have faith)

Sinusundo kita (i am picking you up)
Sinusundo (picking...)

Asahan mo mula ngayon (Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)
(Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)


Asahan mo mula ngayon (Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)
(Expect that from now on)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)
Pag-ibig ko'y sayo (my love is for you)

(Asahan mo) (Expect)
Handa na sa liwanag mo (Prepared for your brightness)
Sinuyod ang buong mundo (Searched the whole world)
Maghihintay sayo'ng sundo (Wait for your ride/service or "wait to be picked up")
(Asahan mo) (Expect)
Handa na sa liwanag mo (Prepared for your brightness)
Sinuyod ang buong mundo (Searched the whole world)
Maghihintay sayo'ng sundo (Wait for your ride)

3 Responses
  1. ChrissRed Says:

    Great to see you're back and that I get to visit your blog again. I myself am inspired to write something about one of my favorite songs today that I thought of sharing them with you :) hope you visit back...


  2. Admin Says:

    I love OPM Songs especially the songs of Moira dela Torre.


  3. marianne Says:

    My interpretation for this is God's love for us. That he is finally picking us up for eternity :) the search though , that's us


Powered by Blogger.