KATHANG ISIP - BEN&BEN


This is one of the songs my son likes singing. He was 8 years old when he was forced to sing on videoke. That is our past time in our family anyway. I really do not expect that he can finish an entire song but I believe my sister could always inspire him (or force him) to sing.

My sister sent the video to me and I was so proud of my boy because he can express himself through a song. I am proud of him not just he tries hard to achieve something out of his own volition. I am also proud that he knows the reality of our society. 

When he was 6 years old, he drew a big house on his notebook. It was a two-storey house and I asked him "Why so big?", sine there was just the two of us. And he responded, we will live with the children whose parents died or who were left by their mothers. His explanation touched my heart. He already has a plan on how to help the orphans.

Well, the title of the song is Kathang Isip which means Imagination or creative imaginations.

My son expressed his creativity through his song and his drawing and he is able to make a plan from his mind. 

Cheers to creative minds! Cheers to children who knows the reality around and they want to do something about it.  Cheers to those who love the children, especially the orphans!

Cheers to those who walked away as the song wants to tell us.

Read on.

This is my translation of the song:    

KATHANG ISIP (Imagination)
by Ben&Ben

Diba nga ito ang iyong gusto? (Isn't this what you want?)
O, ito'y lilisan na ako (Oh here, I'm leaving)
Mga alaala'y ibabaon (All memories be buried)
Kalakip ang tamis ng kahapon (Enclosed with the sweetness of yesterday)

Mga gabing di namamalayang (Those unnoticed nights)
Oras ay lumilipad (Time is flying)
Mga sandaling lumalayag kung (Those moments of sailing)
San man tayo mapadpad (Wherever it leads us)

Bawat kilig na nadarama (Every thrill I feel)
Sa tuwing hawak ang 'yong kamay (Everytime I hold your hand)
Ito'y maling akala (This is a mistake)
Isang malaking sablay (One great failure)
Pasensya ka na (Apologies)
Sa mga kathang isip kong ito (To all my imaginations/fictions)
Wari'y dala lang ng pagmamahal sa iyo (Perhaps caused by my love for you)
Ako'y gigising na (I am waking up)
Sa panaginip kong ito (From this dream of mine)
At sa wakas ay kusang lalayo sa iyo (To voluntarily walk away from you)

Gaano kabilis nag simula (Our speedy beginning)
Gano'n katulin nawala (is as fast it was gone)
Maaari ba tayong bumalik sa umpisa (Can we go back to the beginning?)
Upang di na umasa ang pusong nagiisa (So my lonely heart will not hope anymore)

Pasensya ka na (Apologies)
Sa mga kathang isip kong ito (To all my imaginations/fictions)
Wari'y dala lang ng pagmamahal sa iyo (Perhaps caused by my love for you)
Ako'y gigising na (I am waking up)
Sa panaginip kong ito (From this dream of mine)
At sa wakas ay kusang lalayo sa iyo (To voluntarily walk away from you)

Sumabay sa agos na isinulat ng tadhana (Flow together with the writings of destiny)
Minsan siya'y para sa iyo (Sometimes he/she is for you)
Pero minsan siya'y paasa (Sometimes he/she is hopeful)
Tatakbo papalayo (Will run farther)
Kakalimutan ang lahat (forget everything)

Pero kahit saan man lumingon (But wherever you look)
Nasusulyapan ang kahapon (You can get a glimpse of yesterday)
At sa aking bawat paghinga (And in every breath)
Ikaw ang nasa isip ko sinta (You are in my mind, my love)
Sa mga kathang isip kong ito (To all my imaginations/fictions)
Wari'y dala lang ng pagmamahal sa iyo (Perhaps caused by my love for you)

Ako'y gigising na (I am waking up)
Sa panaginip kong ito (From this dream of mine)
At sa wakas ay kusang lalayo sa iyo (To voluntarily walk away from you)

Diba nga ito ang iyong gusto? (Isn't this what you want?)
O, ito'y lilisan na ako (Oh here, I'm leaving)
Kaya't pasensya ka na (That's why apologies or I am sorry)

Lyrics was taken from LyricFind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKa8HtWgOxk

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.