BATO SA BUHANGIN - CINDERELLA


This song, Bato sa Buhangin is a song that reminds me about the beach. I have lived near the ocean for over a year now and I always enjoy the comfort of just looking at the sea and let my mind wonder through its vast horizon.

I love the sound of the sea because it swallows the noise of everything. There are no noisy trucks, no babies crying, no barking nor crowing, just the waves splashing against the shore line. 

I also love the fact that my sea is a fishing community so I get excited when I could chance upon a fisherman coming home from work, with his various catch. I know I can feast on fresh catch! I used to love the raw fish, dipped in lemon juice and salt. Since our staple food in the Philippines is rice, I can have instant breakfast in the seashore, joined by relatives. An instant picnic is ensured. 

I said I used to love it, but because of aging, my stomach easily gets upset. Uncooked fish won't fit my aging stomach anymore. Now, one of the questions of this song is: Are rocks and sand compatible or does a rock fit the sand? 

Now I remember the youtube video I once viewed. An old man was putting in big rocks in a transparent basin. Then he placed pebbles, and lastly, the sand. He explained that in life, we should prioritize the most valuable things first like family, health, love. Then we proceed at some of the average things like wealth, prestige, promotion. After that, we can fill in the small things in life like our wants, the shoes or new phone, etc. 

So is the rock compatible with sand in this analogy? They are. 

Well, love move mountains. So does the sea. It can also turn rocks to sand. Everything is possible in love. Everything disintegrates in sea. Both forces are powerful, so as this song.

This is one classic song that I love to sing.

Bato sa Buhangin 
English translation
Kapag ang puso'y natutong magmahal (When the heart learns how to love)
Bawat tibok ay may kulay at buhay (Each heartbeat has color and life)
Ngunit kung ang pagsuyo'y lilipas din (But when the emotion/love goes/passes)
Bagay kaya ang bato sa buhangin (Does the rock suits the sand?)

Kay hirap unawain (It is so difficult to understand)
Bawat damdamin (Each feeling/emotion)
Pangakong magmahal hanggang libing (Promise to love up to the grave)
Sa langit may tagpuan din (There is a meeting place in heaven)
At doon hihintayin (And I will wait for you there)
Itong bato sa buhangin (This rock in the sand)

Ngunit kung ang pagsuyo'y lilipas din (But when the emotion/love goes/passes)
Bagay kaya ang bato sa buhangin (Does the rock suits the sand?)

Kay hirap unawain (It is so difficult to understand)
Bawat damdamin (Each feeling/emotion)
Pangakong magmahal hanggang libing (Promise to love up to the grave)
Sa langit may tagpuan din (We can meet in heaven)
At doon hihintayin (And I will wait for you there)
Itong bato sa buhangin (This rock in the sand)

Bato sa buhangin (Rock in the sand)

Oh 
LyricFind.com

Here is a link to an analysis of this song, which I found in the internet:
https://joeam.com/2016/09/06/a-short-analysis-of-bato-sa-buhangin/

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.