Ikaw Lamang - Ogie Alcasid

I am starting a trail of lyrics translation for one of the best Original Pilipino Singer I like. He is Ogie Alcasid. I know I have already published / blogged about his song SA KANYA (http://favesongdiary.blogspot.com/2008/08/sa-kanya-ogie-alcasidmymp.html) There are a lot of his songs I really like and so I am starting this thread of blogs for him to honor to one of the singer-composers of the country. Ogie Alcasid's songs have always been soulful. His voice is very melodious for me and you could easily grasp the message of his songs (mostly are in tagalog). This is the reason why I want to blog about his songs and provide you with translations. I will translate them for you so you could also appreciate them. Here is the translated lyrics of the song Ikaw Lamang (You alone) or (Only You) Ogie Alcasid / Gary Valenciano Ikaw lamang ang tangi kong iniisip (You alone I only think about) or (I think only of you) Ang lagi kong panaginip (you are my only dream) Tayong dalawa ay nagmamahalan (Two of us in love) Pangarap ko na kailanma'y di maglaho (I hope that it would never disappear) Ang pag-ibig kong ito (This love) Pagka't hinding hindi ko makakayang mawalay sa iyo (Because I could not bear to be separated from you) Ilaw lamang ang buhay ko (You alone is my life) or (you are my life) Sana nama'y pakinggan mo ang puso ko (I hope you will listen to my heart) Na mayroong sinasabi (that is saying something) Chorus: Ikaw lamang ang tangi kong minamahal (You alone that I only love) Ang tangi kong dinarasal (My only prayer) Sana'y habang buhay tayong magkasama (I hope we'll be together, forever) Ang puso ko'y ibibigay lamang sa 'yo (My heart, I will give only to you) Ito ang akong pangako (This is my promise) Mula ngayon hanggang magpakailanpaman (From now on until forever) Ikaw lamang (You alone) Ikaw lamang ang buhay ko (You alone is my life) or (You are my life) Sana giliw ko pakinggan mo (I hope my dear you'd listen) Ang puso kong na mayroong sinasabi (my heart that is saying something) Chorus: Ikaw lamang ang tangi kong minamahal (You alone that I only love) Ang tangi kong dinarasal (My only prayer) Sana'y habang buhay tayong magkasama (I hope we'll be together, forever) Ang puso ko'y ibibigay lamang sa 'yo (My heart, I will give only to you) Ito ang akong pangako (This is my promise) Mula ngayon hanggang magpakailanpaman (From now on until forever) Ikaw lamang (You alone) Ikaw lamang (You alone) Ikaw lamang (You alone) Watch out next post for another great Ogie Alcasid song. Enjoy!

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.