Reason to Believe - Rod Stewart

Here is the story for the day:

If I listened long enough to you
Id find a way to believe that its all true
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

Someone like you makes it hard to live without
Somebody else
Someone like you makes it easy to give
Never think about myself

If I gave you time to change my mind
Id find a way just to leave the past behind
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

If I listened long enough to you
I'd find a way to believe that its all true
Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried
Still I look to find a reason to believe

Someone like you makes it hard to live without somebody else
Someone like you makes it easy to give
Never think about myself

I remember clearly that this song is included in the movie "My Girl", also one of my favorites. I can no longer recall the scene where this song was played but I know it's there. Rod Stewart also sang it perfectly when he had a concert in the US. I watched that concert in DVD format.

I liked the part: "Knowing that you lied straight-faced while I cried..." which talks about how cruel life can be yet, because of an overwhelming love for a person, one will tend to forget the pain and switch it with affection instead. For me, this conveys a message of balance -that you cannot comprehend what is love unless you also understand the meaning of hate.

I am not a hard to get person; I don't easily get mad and if I do, I easily forget; and I am very, very trusting. I don't know how I do it but I could only give one explanation: I love to love.

Incidentally, I have been pondering on these words by Mother Teresa:
A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, must empty ourselves. The fruit of silence is prayer, the fruit of prayer is faith, the fruit of faith is love, the fruit of love is service, the fruit of service is peace.

I always have that in my heart and I am fervently hoping that one day, we will all reap the fruit of LOVE.

Here is the song:


Reason to Believe - Rod Stewart

0 Responses
Powered by Blogger.